Why Should I Apply for MSIT program?
High Demand. High Pay. Highly Satisfying.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that employment in computer and information technology occupations will grow 11% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. These occupations are projected to add about 531,200 new jobs. Demand for these workers will stem from greater emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security, which are all focuses of the MSIT program at KSU.
The median annual wage for IT related occupations was $91,250 in May 2020, which was significantly higher than the median annual wage for all occupations of $41,950. The success of our graduates in the job market helps further solidify these predictions.
- Already have an IT job? The nationally ranked MSIT degree can help you explore new opportunities or get a promotion, with flexible class options so you can keep working throughout.
- No background in computing? No problem. We offer a list of foundation courses to prepare students with non-computing-related undergraduate degrees to transition to the MSIT program.
Master's Degree enables Higher Earning Potentials
US Bureau of Labor Statistics 2019 survey data shows that across all occupations, the median salary of jobs requiring a Master’s degree is 20% higher than those requiring only a Bachelor’s degree. The difference is even larger for computing related degrees. The precisely focused nature of graduate study enables you to gain very specific skills that make for an attractive job candidate.
Education Median Annual Earnings Unemployment Rate
Doctoral Degree $97,916 1.1%
Master's Degree $77,844 2.0%
Bachelor's Degree $64,896 2.2%
Associate's Degree $46,124 2.7%
Note: The annual earnings are converted from the weekly earnings from original report.
Excellent Job Growth & Increased Job Prospects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a much higher than average growth rate for computing related careers, many of which require a Master’s degree. An MSIT degree will expand the pool of job opportunities available to you. Typical job titles for MSIT graduates:
Job Title Median Wage (National/Regional) Growth by 2029
Comp. & Info Sys. Manager $146,360/$152,560 10%
Information Security Analyst $99,730/$100,810 31%
Data Analyst/ Scientists $122,840/NA 15%
Computer System Analyst $90,920/$91,690 7%
Note: Regional refers to Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA.
Hands-On + Project-Based Learning = Job Offers
Our graduates have been successful in the job market. Our alumni hold positions such as database/network/security analysts, project managers, developers, and even C-level positions. Learn more about the job placement of graduates.
- Through hands-on and project-based learning in our courses, students develop solid technical and soft skills during the course of their program.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of internship/co-op opportunities.
- For example, Preeti Aggarwal (2016 graduate) and Jose Laguardia (2018 graduate) interned at ADP and Home Depot, respectively. They were hired immediately after their internships.
- Students also have opportunities to work on real-world IT projects in the program’s capstone class and interact with industrial project sponsors.
Innovative Offerings: Cutting-edge Curriculum & Flexible Classes
Our curriculum is centered towards students and their success after graduation.
- All of our courses are available in after-hours and fully-online formats. All of our programs can be completed completely online, completely face-to-face or a combination of both.
- We have wide range of offerings with concentrations in Data Analytics, IT security, IT Enterprise Management, and Health IT. Those concentrations can also be taken as standalone program in the format of graduate certificates.
- We are constantly adding cutting-edge topics such as Data Visualization, Practical Data Analytics and Block Chain Technology to our curriculum. Check out our course offerings.
Respected Rankings, Expert Faculty, Real-World Experience
Our mission is to set and maintain high-quality academic standards for student success and to help improve the quality of life by tackling tomorrow's complex problems through the application of Information Technology.
- The MSIT is continually ranked among the nation’s best in educational quality and affordability.
- All graduate courses are taught by our dedicated faculty with Ph.D. or Doctoral degrees, who actively conduct research in the field.
- Strong industry connections with companies ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations. Students have opportunities to work on real-world IT projects through internship, co-op, or capstone projects.
Affordable Tuition and Top Return on InvestmentEarning a Master’s in Information Technology is a wise investment in your future. The skills and experience you gain will enhance your earning and job advancement opportunities.
We also offer out-of-state waivers for high-achieving students. Please review the Graduate Research Assistant opportunities available, which come with a tuition waiver and stipend.
Prepation for Ph.D. DegreeIf you want to continue on to a Ph.D. or Doctoral program, a Master's degree is generally a required prerequisite and there is a thesis option available for this purpose.