We offer Graduate Assistantships at several levels and in different categories. The MSIT program has around 20 GRA positions for summer 2020, fall 2020 and spring 2021.
Tips on seeking GRAs.
- Go through the links below on general information of GRA, especially on benefits and eligibility.
- Ideally, you want to work on a GRA in IT or related computing field. Howerver, you don't have to limit yourself to that. All GRAs carry the same benefits. As IT students, your knowledge in technology often put you in competitve advantage in getting GRAs in other discipliens.
- All GRA positions are tied to a graduate faculty. There is a university GRA Job Board. But many faculty don't post their positions there. You may talk to faculty on their and your research interest when taking their classes or reach out to faculty on opportunities.
- The program coordinator often get requests from faculty on GRA candidate. The position will be posted in the Job & Scholarship
- The best time to search for GRA is April and May as faculty will look for GRAs for the next academic year.
Below are links to information to guide you through the graduate assistantship process.